Sunday, March 14, 2010
Eyes on the Prize
Those of you who know me know I do nothing half way.... This can be good... This can be bad. This week it was bad. I attended two separate events that involved mass quantities of beer. My diet sucked, my workouts sucked... the week sucked.... I made almost NO progress on my NCSA training.
Fortunately I have a large goal on the horizon; the Presidential Towers stair climb in Chicago on March 28th. It's time to get serious. I've prepared my breakfasts & lunches for the week. I've scheduled my workouts to make the most of these coming two weeks. I've scheduled time to study.
Winston Churchill once said, regarding his considerable alcohol consumption; "I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.". This week, I can not say the same. So much so, that I'll not drink another beer until our celebratory toast with pizza on the evening of the 28th. I will also use my time away from the brew to reconsider my habit of daily consumption. Yep, that'll make for a very unique St. Patty's day! Oh well...
In any event... Two weeks ago I'd been in the best shape of my life (4 sub 30 minute Versa miles in a row!). I've gained a few pounds since then but I'm certain I'll be able regain what's been lost & then some.
I won't bore anyone with the details of my less than stellar exercise and diet week. If you're really interested, as always, you can check my food diary on livestrong.com under the user "stairclimber_d".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment